Find out more
Orange launches the fifth edition of its Orange Young Designers competition. A call for ideas open to students at international design schools and recent graduates since 2013.
Every year, Orange’s relationship with its customers takes the form of millions of interactions. Welcome, advice, getting to grips with devices, dealing with malfunctions, etc. Every one of these interactions counts, as each one adds to the customers’ experience – and connection – with the brand. So, as interactions become more digitised, in the era of community message boards and support and sharing networks, Orange is inviting the candidates of the Young Designers Competition to reinvent customer relations. What should the customer relations of the future look like in order to meet customers’ needs efficiently and in a personalised way? How can we include and engage the communities so that they play a role in a new way of interacting with Orange? This year, “Orange vous donne la main”!
Throughout the competition, the candidates will take advantage of special support from recognised experts in their field and the Design & User Experience teams at the Orange Technocentre. That is this unique competition’s originality and its strength. It encourages co-creation and open innovation and offers an exceptional freedom of expression to young talents. Several workshops will be provided to the students in each of the international design schools partnered with the initiative and at the Technocentre in Châtillon for the young professionals in March and April 2016.
In May, the jury chaired by matali crasset, an icon of French industrial design, will choose the winners. Three prizes worth €7,000 will be given to the winners at an awards evening and exhibition of the projects on 23 June 2016:
– For the student candidates: the “Vision” prize for a design that goes far beyond the boundaries of our current knowledge.
– For the graduates: the “Achievement” prize for a design that provides an outstanding concept we can quickly bring to the market.
– For all candidates: the “Design for all” prize for the most affordable project.
For graduate entrants:
– Registration from 25 January to 23 February 2016
– Confirmation of registrations on 24 February 2016
– 2 two-day workshops:
Workshop (1) 14 and 15 March 2016
Workshop (2) 4 and 05 April 2016
For the design schools:
Workshops from February to April 2016 The schedule is determined with the school.
– Jury deliberation on 27 May 2016
– Awards ceremony and exhibition of the projects on 23 June 2016
If you have any further questions about Orange young designers competition, please use the contact form.